Monday, January 17, 2011

Keenan leading by example

Here's a story on Edmonton Rush coach Derek Keenan,
_____

He's a stickler when it comes to expecting his players to be in tip-top shape.
And this year, Derek Keenan is practising what he preaches.
"I don't know if there's a coach and a GM in our league that's harder on our guys in terms of the message I send every year to our guys: 'Come to training camp in game shape. Not in sorta OK shape to get into shape for the season. Come in shape,' " explains Keenan, head coach and general manager of the National Lacrosse League's Edmonton Rush.
"So yeah, I thought, I'm preaching it to these guys all the time - offseason, during the season - and I wasn't necessarily in the best shape."
To read more, please click here http://www.torontosun.com/life/healthandfitness/2011/01/14/16889196.html

No comments:

Post a Comment