Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tavares three shy of milestone

John Tavares is within three goals of 700.
The 42-year-old Buffalo Bandits star scored three to increase his career total to 697 during a 15-14 home overtime win over Toronto last Saturday.
He scored Buffalo's 14th goal from behind the Rock net with one hand on his stick in an acrobatic leap, and this witness was left wondering if Tavares could play until he's 60.
"I wish I could, but I doubt that very much,"  the 20-year veteran told legendary lacrosse writer Neil Stevens. "I'm having a hard enough time now keeping up with the younger guys.
"If I can play another year or two, I think that would be great."
To read the full story please click here http://www.laxmagazine.com/nll/2010-11/news/012611_national_lacrosse_league_notebook_tavares_three_goals_shy_of_700

- by www.laxmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment