Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One-on-one with Curtis Dickson

Inside Lacrosse writer Casey Vock spoke with Calgary Roughnecks forward Curtis Dickson, who was the NLL’s Rookie of the Month for January.
How would you describe the first few weeks of your first season?
“It’s been awesome. To play professional lacrosse, that’s always a dream growing up. What’s even better is that I’m playing with a great group of guys, and for a great organization in Calgary. We’ve got great crowds at our home games, and so far everything about it’s just been a good experience.”
What has been the biggest challenge so far?
“Playing in the WLA helped me out a little, but now in the NLL you’ve got guys from America and Ontario and it makes it that much more difficult and the guys are that much better. So it takes a little time to get your feet wet and luckily I’ve have guys on the team who’ve helped me get a feel for things coming into the offense, and playing in the WLA certainly helped me with that.
But obviously, there are the small things you need to get used to and you have to make sure you’re gelling. I think I’ve picked up on things pretty quickly. And so far things are going pretty well. Hopefully, I can take the next step in helping the team move forward.”

No comments:

Post a Comment