Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Roughnecks biggest battle - staying alive

Below is the press release sent out by Roughnecks majority owner and president Brad Banister
_____

Roughnecks face toughest opponent to date.
Life is full of peaks and valleys. Today I am in the deepest of valleys with little hope of getting out. It is with sadness and desperation that I have to write this letter.
The Roughnecks sit on top of the West division again after the win in Edmonton this weekend. I had to do something that I have feared doing for the last ten years. I had to explain to my team that pay cheques were going to be late. The look in my eyes I can only imagine was that of a beaten dog, perhaps the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I believe I had finally given up. To walk around the dressing room and inflict that kind of burden on a young team before a divisional rival such as Edmonton was the most embarrassing and humbling thing I have ever done.
The next day, Sunday February 20th the Roughnecks hit the floor and beat a very good team which went down to the wire again. They never gave up and never once quit. It is for that reason among many that I write this desperate letter. I am not ready to quit either.
Last year, the current leaders of the National Lacrosse League’s Western Division, visited scores of schools in southern Alberta. More than 20,000 children have benefitted from lessons given by some of the best lacrosse players on the planet. We believe in this program so much, that captain Andrew McBride heads it up.
To read the rest of the press release by Roughnecks owner/ general manager Brad Banister please click here http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Lacrosse/2011/02/22/17371946.html

No comments:

Post a Comment